- Press Windows’ Start button, type “Internet Options” to search, and click the one result, from the control panel
- Go to the “Security” tab
- Select “Local Intranet” and click on “Custom Level” button
- Scroll to the “User Authentication” section at the bottom of the list and select “Prompt for user name and password”
- Click Ok, Apply, and Ok to save changes
- Close all instances of the IE browser to make the changes effective. Launch the browser again and access the application. A basic authentication challenge will be served.
This applies to both Internet Explorer and Chrome since Chrome uses system settings that are managed using Internet Explorer.